Wednesday, January 26, 2005

R.I.P. Punk...

After spelling my name wrong in an email and forgetting where I live, my boss sat down at my desk the other day to jokingly learn a little more about me. So we talked, and I was telling how I used to be a punk, and even was once in a basement punk band. Wicked Pete was its name... ah, those were the days... drugs, sex and some of the worst damn music electricity would allow...

So that night I went home still thinking about the good ole days, and started digging around in some of my old punk tapes looking for some Wicked Pete recordings. We're talking deep in the archives here... deep...

It was like looking thru an old photo album. Its been so long since Ive listened to some of this stuff, probably since cds came out.

Then it hit me... will punk music be the forgotten era of music? What the hell am I going to do when tape players become completely obsolete? I dont have any of my records any more. I gave those away because I never owned a record player. If you dont have a record player and you dont have a tape player, you are pretty much out of luck when it comes to listening to good ole fashioned punk rock.

I guess punk really is dead. The music is basically gone forever. There is no one to carry the scene anymore. Gawd... kids these days wouldnt know punk if it bit their damn ear off. To them punk is NOFX and Green Day. Nothing against those types of bands, but they are not punk. Punk is Minor Threat, Circle Jerks, The Exploited... I could go on for hours. Not that you've ever heard of those bands, because all of you only listen to the stupid radio. YOU PUPPETS! Except for the church faithful who frequent this here blog, who Im sure rock out to some nice Christian Rock. At least its respectable because its not mainstream. Mainstream music blows.

Everything that is played on the radio, made after 1980 SUCKS! When are you people going to get that thru your... your.... ah, who cares. Listen to the stupid radio, support the rapist music industry fat pigs and be a mainstream robot. At least you fit in, right?

Good for you yuppy.

peace nick

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:oD Ok I don't actually listen to much Christian rock... well only a little!

I DO however listen to some of the young people I'm working with and the bands they form so I'm feeling smuggly non-mainstream for that!

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"And when I'm rich and meet Bob Hope
We'll shoot some golf and shoot some dope..."
-- The Dead Kennedies, "Pull My Strings"

They don't make music like that anymore...

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Dead KennedYs still play some shows, albeit without their whacko front guy - Jello Biafra.
But hey, if you like old DK stuff, you can alwyas pick up some Crucifucks cds off the internet. Doc Corbin Dart was a lot like Jello in his singing, but its much more controversial... as if you couldnt tell that from the name of the band...

Let's kill the fucking pigs if they get in our way
It'll set a good example for the children today
It'll keep kids out of trouble shooting pigs after school
Wasting cops will be the hero's golden rule

Now... they dont make music like THAT any more.... Although Doc Corbin Dart (aka "26") does have a new band out now...

peace nick

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home