Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Just a bit better...

Well, Im only feeling slightly better about the volunteer group thing because I won on my lottery ticket this morning... again... I dont know what this string of lottery ticket luck is trying to tell me, other than keep playing. It sure doesnt seem to be telling me that everything else in life is going to go on the upswing.

So a couple of nasty emails and an attempted resignation, which was not accepted, I am still a part of the dog rescue. I dont know where someone gets the nerve to not accept a resignation from a volunteer group, but it seems to happen quite often.

I dont want to walk away from dog rescue because its important to me. I believe in the idea of it, and I enjoy being a part of a group that is comprised of people who are interested in the same thing... but I just dont see the point in being a part of a group that creates so much unnecessary stress that you want to stab yourself in the eye with a pencil....

I could easily start up my own dog rescue, collect a few applications, work with a few shelter dogs, and not have any of the stress of dealing with people who have unreasonably high expectations of their volunteers. And I could probably save just as many dogs as we do now.

But, I guess the soap opera will continue until either my term is up, or I have to check into the looney bin.

Praise Allah I have you guys to lean on... Together we will conquer the infidel dog rescues.

Ali ahkbar al shalam ey.

peace nick

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok u got me stumped! I know sal'am is peace and I can remember that Ahkbar comes from the call to prayer but the rest alludes me!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home