Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm not $171 good...

Just as I was publishing last night’s post I saw an advertisement for turning your blog into a book, and it said – prices starting at $14.95.  Apparently they can print your blog in a nice book, complete with an index in the front, and even customizable front and back cover.  For the awesomely low price of starting at $14.95. 

Now, I can read my own blog for free, obviously, but admit it… it’s a pain in the ass to go back and read through the archives.  I’d happily drop a starting at $14.95 for my blog in book form.  Although I guess I’d have to come up with a clever way of tying everything up.  Because you don’t want a book to end with the last page being nothing more than bitching and moaning about how much the book cost to produce.  Not very satisfying.

So, starting at $14.95, I clicked the link with eager anticipation (see, this is why my blog would make a great book, c’mon, that’s just genius writing).  I entered my information and off the online publisher went to evaluate my blog and come up with the price it would take to print.  Starting at $14.95.  My.  Ass.  Unless of course you started your blog last Tuesday, and don’t participate in NaBloPoMo.

Guess how much my blog would cost to print into a nice book.  Just guess… I’ll wait while you form an educated guess.  And remember that, although these last few years have seen scant-a-post, I’ve been blogging since about September of 2004…

Yeah, $171 and some odd change.

Now.  I write some pretty good stuff.  Maybe not now, but I used to.  Once in a while.  But you can some pretty damn good books for $171.  Or, if you’d prefer, you can buy ANY book for $171.  I can almost guarantee that if you go down to the local book store, there isn’t a book there that cost $171.  And if there is, it best be one of those get rich quick books, that works, fast.  If you are buying books that cost $171, you are going to need to get rich quick.

Even if I posted every day for the past 5 and some years, which I obviously have not, that would be like $0.10 a post.  Not even I, who happens to love my writing, would pay that to read this.  I mean, I’m good.  But I’m not $171 good.

nick

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger ExtraO said...

$171?!? That's insane!

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home