Thursday, July 24, 2008

Yeah, I'm back. Again.

Ever since the servers at my place of employment decided that blogging was not a work related function, I’ve struggled to find a creative outlet. Or rather, I’ve struggled to find a way to access my creative outlet, which is this blog (or any of the other several blogs I’ve had over the years). I tried the whole blogging while at home bit, it just wasn’t me. Besides having a life and a kid and a wife and what not, I don’t have a consistent desire to sit on a computer all night. Then I found a work server friendly place to blog, the local newspaper website. But after being asked in a comment, “can’t you find something better to do with your time?” I get the feeling my work isn’t necessarily appreciated there.

No bitch, it’s my lunch hour. Actually I can’t find anything better to do with my time.

I can’t actually write that, which is kind of depressing. It’s even more depressing to have to endure such negativity. On a newspaper website blog. How low have I sunk as a blogger?

The other day I joined Facebook. Wow that actually kind of felt good to write. I was kind of nervous, since I don’t really have any friends who own computers (read: I don’t have any friends) and well, it’s Facebook. I guess it’s kind of like Myspace for people who aren’t really 10, and don’t lie about their ages. Or do they? Anyways, while I was filling out my Facebook profile, it provides a space for your website(s). And I thought, hey, I have a website. It’s a blog. This blog. This lonely and long forgotten blog. And I went back and read some of the oldies. And the goodies. And I was taken back to a day where my creativity ran wild and free. Blogging friendships were conceived. Life, it had meaning... you know, outside of family and work and all that other non-important, non-blogging stuff.

Essentially I realized that I miss blogging too much to not find a way to make it work. It’s who I am. It’s who I’ve been for the last four years. I’m a blogger. And this blog simply must go on! It must come back to life. I must find a way to make it work. I must create. I must... be alive.

Dammit bitch, we’re back! Again...

Nick