Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Oh to be disemboweled...

Last night I had one of the worst dreams I've ever had. I was running in the race that I'm gearing up for at the end of the month. The two mile run. Well, I finished it, but it took me 40 minutes! 40 minutes! That's a 20 minute mile for those who are not mathematically inclined.

A 20 minute mile, for those who don't run, is unacceptable. I can't allow this. I admit, I'm a little disenchanted now.

I'm not even sure I used disenchated in the right context there, but I've been dying to use it somewhere. It reminds me of disembowel. Disembowel sounds like something that would be said on the Mortal Kombat video game. I loved that game...

But back to this horrible dream. It scares me to not do well in this race. It's only 2 miles. I should be able to do very well. But honestly my training has been slowed by a shin splint problem. Namely, I have them. Or get them when I run. I think it stems from the fact that I only trained for a week before my first 5k run, which, as any regular runner will tell you, is moronic. Yeah, I said it, moronic.

Lately I have been only running every three to four days to try to build up some strength without killing my body. So far so good, but there are only 25 days until the run. I need to be to the point where I'm running at least every other day. Or working out in some other way, which admittedly, I'm not keeping up with very well either...

Disenchanted...

Nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home